Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON?\u201d Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Transportation Representative bridges the communication link between transportation providers, sales brokers and customer buyers, while providing problem resolution in support of excellent service to Smithfield customers.Core Responsibilities
- Communicates between transportation carriers and field sales personnel providing information on service issues and resolutions.
- Use of FourKites real time tracking for load updates.
- Communicates with Customer Service any time there is a service issue or the potential for one.
- Acts as the main line of communication to keep sales and brokers informed of issues.
- Handles data entry and tracking.
- Make decisions on the disposition of products and re-delivery when delivery appointments are missed and is involved in determining next steps for product delivery to the customer.
- Tracks and reports on Spotlight Accounts that have experienced recent service issues requiring special handling for a period of time.
- Follows up with customers to make sure our transportation provider is meeting outlined requirements.
- Assists Appointment Scheduling in securing delivery appointments to ensure products are delivered in accordance with the customers’ request.
- Assists in Re-scheduling delivery appointments as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years' of experience in Transportation, Logistics or Customer Service, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel software and Order Processing software.
- Good reasoning skills including the ability to calculate transactional economic decisions between alternatives.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to bring quick resolution to problems.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits