Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc. (WOODPATEL), the #1 ranked civil engineering firm in Arizona for 17 straight years and a Zweig 2019 Hot Firm, is looking for exceptional candidates to join our team. We offer the opportunity to advance your career and become part of our well respected company.
WOODPATEL is seeking a Transportation/Roadway Design Engineer. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate hands-on technical design capabilities in rural and urban roadways. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work on and provide technical oversight on multiple projects and the ability to deliver high quality reports, plans, specifications, and estimates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Project Design Engineer providing design and analysis on urban and rural roadway projects.
- Develop concept studies, preliminary engineering, final design, technical specifications, and cost estimates for a wide variety of transportation projects.
- Develop geometric alignments, profiles, modeling, design sections, grading design, drainage, construction details, and signing and striping plans.
- Process design calculations.
- Coordinate and work with a team of project managers, design engineers, technicians, and support staff to successfully complete a variety of projects.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to entry level engineers.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS in Civil Engineering and AZ registered professional engineer required.
- 5+ years of roadway experience
- Civil 3D drafting and design experience required.
- Proficiency with Microstation and/or Inroads preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required
- Good problem solving and technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Capacity to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills with limited supervision.
- Competitive pay
- Generous PTO plan
- Health, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Company sponsored LTD/STD/Life Insurance
- In-house training events
- Employee Appreciation events
WOODPATEL is committed to our community and as such we match employee contributions to St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance, the world’s first food bank, founded in Phoenix, Arizona.
WOODPATEL is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.