Want to get your steps in while helping patients? Showcase your customer service skills as a Patient Transporter.
- Physically Demanding: Transporters walk the equivalent of 10+ miles per 8-hour shift while pushing or pulling patients and equipment.
- Must Be Comfortable in a Medical Setting: Transporters see/smell/hear things that are normal in a healthcare setting but can be more difficult for some. Patients can be ill, stressed out, in pain, or wounded. Transporters at times have to transport a deceased patient to the morgue.
- Impact Patient Experience: Every transport is another chance to positively influence a patient’s satisfaction and comfort level.
- Impact Patient Care: Collaborate with and support clinical staff.
- Opportunity to Advance: Grow on the team or within Tower Health.
Current Available Shift
2pm-10:30pm + every other weekend, and rotating holidays (80 hours per pay)
- Safely and efficiently transports patients to and from designated test and procedure areas throughout the hospital.
- Covers on weekends, sick and vacation times when needed.
- Provides direct support to clinical staff when transferring patients to and from transport equipment.
- Drives the safe patient hand off process by confirming complete and accurate information on the Hall Pass.
- Uses pagers, two way radios and IVR call in to work within the electronic patient transport system.
- Provides safety checks with oxygen during transport and follows isolation protocol to keep patients and staff safe from cross infection.
- Able to walk 10+ miles per 8-hour shift, while pushing/pulling a patient and equipment.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Must be customer service oriented with a strong desire to help people.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a pleasant demeanor.
- Conscientious about following safety protocols.
- Able to read a pager, communicate clearly on a two way radio and use an IVR telephone dial in system.
- Interest in being in a healthcare setting or experience in a healthcare setting is a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR certification training will be provided by the hospital.
Tower Health brings together more than 14,000 dedicated team members, 2,200 nationally recognized physicians, specialists and providers across more than 230 convenient locations, including seven hospitals.