Tree Wash is responsible for washing metal trees using cleaning chemicals. Ensures work is completed in a safe manner and within the quality and food safety parameters established. This position requires problem solving responsibilities.Core Responsibilities
- Pushes metal trees to wash room area assisted by rail system
- Pushes trees out of the wash room to clean tree area
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Being able to understand and follow oral and written instruction from supervisors and designated staff.
- Knowledge and experience in Meat Industry is preferred, but not required.
- Must possess problem solving skills and leadership qualities.
- Competent and trustworthy to comply with federal inspection programs and company safety and health policies.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Be available to work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
- Must be able to use cleaning chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuous walking short distances from point A to point B (up to 2-3 hours before break).
- Walking long distances, sometimes on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.
- Climbing or moving ladders, steps, stairwells and platforms.
- Carrying, lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling of heavy and or awkward objects or loads.
- Lifting and lowering objects up to 60 lbs.
- Pushing or pulling of heavy roller carts, bins, or transport containers.
- Frequent static and/or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, flexing the hands and arms.
- A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force, movement and repetition.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking sometimes on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.
- Working in cold, hot, wet, humid, and noisy environments.
- Climbing or moving on ladders, steps, stairways, walkways, and platforms.
- Frequent contact with animal fats
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits