At Windstream, we take pride in consistently delivering an amazing customer experience. Our team of Trouble Resolution Specialists supports Enterprise level customers by resolving customer trouble tickets in a fast-paced technical support environment. Under general supervision, we manage customer relationships, create and update trouble tickets for customers, as well as utilize multiple systems to pinpoint a customer issue in order to keep our business customers satisfied.
Trouble Resolution Specialists will provide comprehensive service and resolve feature-based issues on a converged voice and data network. Must be self-motivated, client-centric, and possess the ability and knowledge to resolve complex issues in a timely manner. This includes escalating, engaging additional resources, and/or upper management.
- Managing incoming and outgoing calls including customer inquiries on service/repair related issues and demonstrate ability to communicate clearly while remaining calm and professional
- Managing a ticket queue via Windstream’s ticketing system
- Prioritizing ticket volumes to meet or exceed client/Windstream metrics and expectations
- Clearly communicating to customers, the next steps and timeframes
- Providing customers with status on existing trouble ticket both on a reactive and proactive basis, ticket creation via scripted response
- Escalating trouble tickets with the appropriate supplier organizations (internal & external) when Service Level Agreements [SLAs] are missed
- Assigning and following up with internal/external teams until ticket resolution
- Identifying and escalating issues potentially affecting network service
- Utilizing available diagnostic software to identify several types of customers’ trouble reports
- Demonstrating uncompromised integrity by acting and communicating openly, honestly and fairly in everything done, following the Windstream Core Values & Beliefs as a guide
- Proactively resolve obstacles that interfere with job performance and/or job satisfaction
- Ability dealing with difficult customers and stressful situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to multi-task utilizing time management and work prioritization skills to properly manage ticket
- Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customers business needs
- Ability to prioritize individual queue based on severity level and prioritizing work based on the customers’ business needs and specific situations that could change throughout the repair process
- Basic–level technical competence in a Windows and MS Office based environment
- Basic ability to evaluate client metrics such as overall bandwidth and QOS setting requirement
- Basic Command Line Interface knowledge
- Basic understanding of network protocols such as MPLS, VoIP, and TDM
- Basic understanding of data protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF
- Basic understanding of voice networks utilizing protocols as ISDN, SS7, SIP and MGCP
- Basic understanding of VOIP architecture including Session Border Controllers, SIP Proxies, and IP Switch platforms
- Basic understanding of VoIP phones platforms. Providers include Cisco, Polycom, and Aastra phones
- Basic understanding of backbone services to include various transport (DS0, DS1, DS3, OC-x, Ethernet, and GIG E) services
- Intermediate knowledge of Adtran/Cisco routers and switches including VLANs
- Intermediate working knowledge of network protocols such as Telnet, DHCP, ARP
- Intermediate working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and Static Routing
- Intermediate working knowledge of Voice features such as Call forwarding, Voice mail and Hunting
- Intermediate working knowledge of networking WAN/LAN topology
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification preferred, but equivalent Adtran certifications will also be considered.
- Associate degree in Network related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred (to include military backgrounds and associate degrees with additional work experience)
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical service, IT or help desk environment
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer service environment with proven ability to adjust communication strategy based on customer’s level of frustration and technical aptitude.
Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 2 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related telephony experience required.
Job Category: Customer Service
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.