The Designer Trainee is an entry-level position tailored to give the candidate industry knowledge and hands-on experience with the design software. Under the supervision of the Design Manager and along with self-study courses, the Designer Trainee is encouraged to experience all aspects of the industry. This allows the Trainee to gain all the necessary tools to test for promotions to Level I, II, III and Senior Design positions.
- Computer Skills: Word Processing System, Design Software, Internet Software, Database Software.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to others one-on-one.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Knowledge of floor and roof truss design process.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints.
- Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfer through a building.
- Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company knowledge of current local codes associated with truss design.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers and construction personnel.
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry and basic trigonometry