Look for more than answers.
Patients and physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a UX/UI Design Operations Manager, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
UX/UI Design Operations Manager, the role:
The Design Team is a group of high performing individuals who embrace extreme collaboration and a design thinking mindset. We’re involved in the breadth of the Quest software development lifecycle from early product strategy and concept ideation through product release. Our growing numbers and scope of work requires that we introduce more formal design operations to keep the team sane and focused on what’s most important to the business.
Reporting to the Director of Experience Design, you will improve team processes, align resources to Quest strategic initiatives, and optimize the efficiency of the Design Team. You will be tasked with monitoring team health, introducing processes that will enhance team velocity, and centralizing tools. You will evangelize the value of the Design Team and will work closely with Product Management, Customer Experience, Marketing, and Engineering.
- Support day to day team activities to deliver successful projects
- Continuously seek out ways to improve the processes, practice, and culture of the Design Team
- Manage the team’s service request pipeline
- Coordinate with Product Management to ensure Design Team resources are aligned with Quest business priorities
- Develop, manage, and communicate key metrics on the health of the team’s operations and impact of team deliverables
- Conduct regular status meetings with project team leadership to ensure the coordination of all projects is up-to-date and clearly communicated
- Assist in planning and execution for design communications including project team readouts, status reporting, and key metric tracking and reporting
- Manage team tools for ideation, research, design, and delivery
- Monitor team health and provide front line help to resolve issues quickly
- Evangelize the Design Team mission and design thinking mindset throughout the organization
- Assist with team staffing activities including recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding
- Assist with tracking and managing team expenses
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 7+ years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or 6+ years with an advanced degree in Design, Design Management, or related field
- 5+ years of direct work experience in a large software development organization
- 5+ years of experience with cross functional design teams including user research, UX, UI, visual design, and front-end development
- 2+ years of experience working directly as a designer or other user experience role
- Candidates need to be outcomes-driven and demonstrate how their work has helped lead teams to reaching those goals that impact their customer’s success
- Capable of finding order where others only see ambiguity
- Ability to create environments that motivate and inspire people to do their best work
- This role requires strong communication, facilitation, and customer-facing influencing skills
- Familiarity with design and user research tools, methods, and processes
- Ability to collect, manage, and communicate with quantitative and qualitative data
- Working knowledge of agile methodology a plus
- Healthcare Industry experience a plus but not required
- Less than 25% travel
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.