Essential Job Responsibilities
The General® is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our growing, energetic team in Nashville, TN. This role will work to deeply understand the user’s needs in order to generate experience improvements and provide solutions to product owner requests. The focus will be on designing assets and mockups for our various web experiences and app. We are seeking someone who cares deeply about design and is eager to improve their skills in a collaborative environment. The UX/UI Designer will contribute throughout the entire design cycle: brainstorming, researching, wire framing, prototyping, designing, and working with developers to turn mockups into functioning products.
- Translate business requirements and user research into elegant solutions
- Collaborate with product owners and subject matter experts to prepare designs for development and deliver detailed design specifications
- Build user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, and mockups that clearly define the user experience.
- Create interactive prototypes for testing in research platforms like Usertesting.com
- Build test cases to validate and evaluate hypothesis
- Create intuitive interfaces with extreme attention to detail and a mobile first mindset. (Projects include: website enhancements, email designs, landing pages, microsites, app screens and more.)
- Work directly with developers to ensure adherence to your UX vision, mockups, style guidelines, and existing UI components
- Expand upon existing template designs, UI components, and style guides
- Manage and track your assignments and deadlines to stay ahead
- May perform other duties as assigned