SGS is the world’s leading inspection,verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as theglobal benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees,SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world. COMPANY PROFILE
SGS Automotive Services N.A., adivision of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, provides commercial andstatutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, andMexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study,development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing,diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGSalso provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspectionservices such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online,and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Vehicle and Engines Intern will beresponsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developingnew technologies.
• Installand setup engines/vehicles for testing
• Executetest plans by following procedures
• Performinitial data quality checks
• Configuretest bed operation system for safe and optimal testing
• Becomeproficient at using the test cell automation systems
• Setupdata channel configurations and test profiles
• Assistfacility and instrumentation engineers to maintain emissions analyzers andensure plumbing, air supply, and fuel supply are adequate for each testconfiguration
• Conductengine and vehicle maintenance and component changes
• Fabricateand/or modify engine and vehicle test components as required
- Collect and analyze user requirements, create technical designs, and write technical design documentation of proposed solutions.
- Works within the approved timelines and schedule to accomplish multiple tasks, and to meet delivery deadlines and quality expectations.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Development team members to track progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the team Lead.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Performs other duties as directed
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines, while appropriately raising issues to management to prevent surprises.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- Bachelor's degree coursework in Automotive, Diesel, Engineering Technology or related field.
- A strong record of time management and problem solving skills.
- A self-starter who also demonstrates help-seeking and collegial behavior – doesn’t try to “go it alone”. Works cooperatively with other team members to provide the best group solution.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- A willingness to dive into new software environments, new technical issues and technologies.
- Experience in structured environment with increasing levels of responsibility and complexity.
- The ability to communicate and teach non-technical users a must.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Can demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities.
- A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
- Candidate must be willing to travel occasionally to client or other site.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such werecruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, maritalstatus, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protectedveteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics."
"This position is responsible to ensure equalopportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on thebasis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions,training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel action.