SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online, and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Software Engineer Intern will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies. REPORTING LINE
- Reports to the Development Manager
- Design and create software solutions for SGS CyberMetrix on Linux systems using C/C , and Qt.
- Define, design, and implement new software to solve identified business requirements, delivered to clients on-time and on budget.
- Investigate technical issues and develop original design solutions for existing software applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Collect and analyze user requirements, create technical designs, and write technical design documentation of proposed solutions.
- Create original software to address technical and functional requirements for client solutions.
- Work cooperatively with other team members responsible for other parts of large-scale enterprise software systems
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of business processes, and design & create software solutions to affect efficiencies identified.
- Investigate and identify root cause of application functionality, network communication, server-to-server software issues and design & implement corrective modifications to Client systems.
- Works within the approved timelines and schedule to accomplish multiple tasks, and to meet delivery deadlines and quality expectations.
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Create test software consistent with automated testing procedures.
- Write technical specifications and documentation for the applications.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Development team members to track progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the Software Development Lead.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Performs other duties as directed
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.