Responsible for all crew administrative duties, including, but not limited to, completing and submitting of electronic Contractor Work Reports (CWR’s), checking in and out of customer Site Control Centers and Zone Representatives, coordinating with schedulers to complete work, facilitating on-site Job Site Safety Analysis (JSA’s), completing and turning in weekly vehicle/trailer/equipment Safety Checks, driving DOT registered truck with trailer in tow, and completing and submitting weekly company expense reports in addition to general oversight and participation in, vegetation management.
- Checks in and out with security and customer supervisors at each site.
- Reports on use of chemicals, hours worked, time and material spent on job(s) daily.
- Transports crews to job sites while towing trailer.
- Communicates all completed services to Service manager and customer(s) daily.
- Arranges for hotel, food, and water for crew each day.
- Completes Job safety analysis with all crew members daily for multiple electrical Sub Stations.
- Provides payment to dump facilities to off-load green waste.
- Completes P-Card (purchase card) statements for expenses weekly.
- Applies herbicides in a safe and timely manner while operating equipment.
- Clears brush, using a chainsaw and line trimmer, rakes up leaves, picks up trash, uses a pole saw for limb trimming, loads/unloads trailers ,tank mixes herbicides, applies herbicides, operates ATV’S with boom sprayer for treatment of large acreage sites, sets up and maintains vertebrate bait stations, and operates tractor and mower.
- High school education or GED equivalent
- Maintains Qualified Applicator license (preferably in Category A or C - willing to train)
- Minimum 1 year experience applying Herbicides
- Must be able to pass DOT physical for certification
- Must be able to pass DOT random drug screenings
- Leadership ability to work while overseeing crew helper(s)
- Working knowledge of mobile devices and computer/laptop
- High Safety standards
- Ability to become CPR certified, and DOT certified non- regulated driver
- Working Knowledge with chain saw, line trimmers, hedgers, pole saws, towing trailers
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time out of town
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally.
- Use legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion.
- Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
- Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat, and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using the upper extremities to exert force.
- Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned, or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., inspection).
- Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Both inside (not necessarily temperature controlled) and outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat-above 100 and/or cold-below 32 for more than one hour) environmental conditions.
- Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights and scaffolding, chemical exposure, and/or high heat.
- Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor ventilation.
- Exposure to animals and insects.
- Meet physical requirements and/or pass medical certification in compliance with state and/or federal regulatory requirements and company safety policies relating to carrying and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator.
- Working in tight, confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways including but not limited to crawl spaces.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.