The VP, Sales/Business Operations will be responsible for optimizing the effectiveness of the Sales organization through the development, implementation and maintenance of a range of sales operations functions. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, as well as recruiting and selection of sales force talent. This position will foster close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success.
- Develop and manage integrated sales cadence and forecasting process for our Scale and Colocation lines of business.
- Evaluate current KPI's and establish revised set of KPI's to measure the performance of our business, ensure/enable ability to generate data for these KPI's, provide reporting on such KPI's in a way that we have an accurate view of our business performance. KPI's should produce actionable output to drive improved performance. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these KPI’s. Manage action list to completion.
- Work with Partnership and Alliance organization to ensure integrated and synergistic execution between direct sales and channel sales. Serve as the "glue" between these 2 organizations, establishing rules of engagement, deal registration, and resolve conflicts between GTM organizations as "neutral" decision point.
- Develop and manage Sales Compensation Plan with input from GTM lines of business, align with CFO and GC organizations. Works closely with Accounting, Finance and Human Resources to establish guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Track commissions against budgets and working with first and 2nd line managers ensure compensation aligns with performance and contributions. Chair a "Commission Review Board" which will meet monthly to review any anomalous commission situations (over-payment, underpayment, channel conflict).
- Works closely sales leadership to establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Lead the global sales operations team, dotted line from regions and solid line in North America. Ensure full integration of Scale/Colocation operations functions.
- Establish and manage Global Accounts program and establish processes for regular collaboration and communication between region sales teams. This role is "global integration point", again the "glue", for GTM globally.
- Oversees development and enhancements to sales enablement framework. Ensures alignment with sales methodology and the core skills needed across roles to improve sales productivity and customer engagement.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement in regards to process, tools and technology. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs & system enchantments throughout the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these priorities. Oversees the delivery training to sales, sales management, and sales support staff. Ensure training curriculum is relevant on product offering and speed to ramp up to productivity.
- Oversee competitive analysis team to ensure clear and concise understanding of strengths and weaknesses of the competitors and develop strategies that will provide a distinct advantage.
- Coordinate activities including GTM leadership team processes (staff meetings, QBR's)
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing or sales related field; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 15+years' experience working with software sales teams to build strategy, management, execution based programs
- Strong understanding of sales process design and related outcomes
- Experience in sales training and developing sales leadership
- Experience optimizing leading sales tools, including Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills, communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with product, marketing and finance teams, to create impact
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution, communication, presentation, facilitation, and influencing skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-starter
- Proven success as mentor/coach to young sales professional
- Critical thinking and change management within dynamic organizations skills
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.