THE COMPANY and BUSINESS
Cardinal Health, Inc. is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, healthcare systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide. The company provides clinically proven medical products, pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. To help combat prescription drug abuse, the company and its education partners created Generation Rx, a national drug education and awareness program. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with approximately 50,000 employees in nearly 46 countries, Cardinal Health ranks #14 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit cardinalhealth.com, follow @CardinalHealth on Twitter, @cardinalhealthwings on Facebook and connect on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/ company/cardinal-health.
The VP, eCommerce Solutions IT will lead the strategy, development, and engineering teams that are charged with delivering a seamless business to business customer experience. This person will be accountable for daily operations across enterprise order flow systems with transactions in excess of $100 billion in annual revenue for the healthcare supply chain.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Lead the enterprise eCommerce strategy to create a frictionless digital and mobile customer experience so customers can buy from Cardinal Health anytime, anywhere
- Drive eCommerce modernization using Cloud Services, headless commerce architecture and application programming interfaces resulting to continuously improve resiliency, availability and performance
- Grow and expand the reach of Cardinal Health’s’ products and solutions across multiple channels and geographies
- Lead the development and operational support for Cardinal Health’s’ eCommerce solutions for $50B+ in annual revenue across the continuum of care with global reach
- Deliver eCommerce solutions using scaled Agile principles and DevOps methodology while building a lean, innovative culture through products teams
- Grow breadth and depth of the Salesforce & Sales Engagement capabilities
- Strategize on domestic and global SFDC footprint (SFDC Instance Strategy)
- Accountable for SFDC platform and vendor relationship
- Deep experience Designing/Building/Running large scale consumer-facing eCommerce solutionsExperience leading & driving cutting edge digital transformations
- Deep experience modernizing eCommerce platforms to digital, cloud-based platforms
- Strong operational experience supporting a high-volume commerce business combined with strong strategic capabilities to challenge status quo and lead through transformation
- Experience with identifying & driving changes that promote organizational and cost efficiencies (i.e. centralizing and right-shoring)
- Lean/Agile & Dev Ops experience
- Strong leadership capabilities that align with Cardinal Health culture & values
- EDI experience is a plus
- Bachelors and Advanced Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years experience in related field preferred
- Ability to set direction for the organization and influence others to achieve vision preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership and direction for multiple operational units or disciplines through Directors may manage managers
- Manages an organizational budget
- Approves significant policies and procedures that will result in the achievement of organizational goals
- Develops and implements functional and/or operational strategy
- Decisions have a serious impact on overall success or failure on area of accountability and external stakeholders
- Interacts with all levels of internal and/or external leaders
- Influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.