Senior relationship executive opportunity for a candidate with strong knowledge of our industry, financial acumen and well-honed relationship skills. This individual will be responsible for managing a several national brokerage and consultant relationships and crafting and executing firm-level strategies across all business lines and segments within Local Markets including all commercial business 2-3,000 employees
This individual is responsible for:
- Developing national strategies that drive the growth and retention of UnitedHealthcare’s business with National Firms
- Working with National Firms to gain insight that leads to developing even more effective solutions that help employers and their beneficiaries.
- Enhancing UnitedHealthcare’s reputation and partnership with key leaders in your assigned brokerage firm(s).
- Collaborating with our local and national teams to drive successful local deployment of these strategies.
- Employing a broad set of general management and problem-solving skills while working across business functions to help define innovative new solutions, and drive the realization of results.
- Drive net growth of our business with the assigned national brokerage firm(s) and an increase in Net Promoter Score across our relationship (as viewed by both UHC and the consultant firm(s) assigned).
- Foster personal relationships with targeted key leaders at all levels across the country for assigned firm(s).
- Work closely with local markets to identify and drive growth opportunities with assigned firms.
- Facilitate meetings with UHC and assigned firm(s) regional leaders to identify growth and partnership opportunities not previously identified.
- Develop deep understanding of assigned firm(s) unique strategies and go-to-market approaches and business needs and work with local markets to capitalize on these differences to drive growth
- Achieve a strong voice and relationship with UnitedHealthcare leadership. Provide feedback to management on market trends as well as how we enhance our solutions to better help employers and members
- Maintain a strong command of the healthcare industry and a foundational understanding of our customers’ experiences with us
- Ensure that brokers have the right relationship development opportunities across UHG and monitor the relationship status/issues, driving remediation where needed. This could be through direct meetings or through forums such as NAC meetings to connect leaders
- Lead engagement strategy and agenda with assigned firm(s) to drive business plan. Could include annual broker events, national leadership meetings, region / market meetings, among others. Leverage these interactions to drive your business objectives
- Oversee regular consultant communications to ensure our message is shared effectively
- Lead resolution of issues should they arise within our organization
- Collect market feedback on our offerings and leverage that to develop plans to improve our offerings for employers and members
- Previous experience working in the health plan space and/or working for a major consultant/brokerage firm is preferred
- Minimum 7 years of strong business, management experience in the health insurance industry, serving the Fortune 1000 marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel Required
- Previous experience working in the health payer space and/or working for a major consultant/brokerage firm is preferred
- Strong preference for candidates who have experience high performing teams and have a deep understanding of the financial levers of our business and how they impact employers
- MBA preferred
- Location preference would be New York metropolitan area, Philadelphia, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington DC, Minneapolis or other major metropolitan location with a material consultant/broker presence
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: VP Broker and Consultant Relations Local Markets, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Washington, DC, Minneapolis, MN