As a Part-Time Customer Service Fueler/Washer you are critical in helping to keep our customers moving by ensuring their vehicles are fueled up, safe, and ready to go. If you are motivated, mechanically inclined, willing to learn, and interested in a stable career, you can join our team of over 6000 vehicle repair associates at hundreds of locations nationwide, many of those who started in this role and developed to become diesel technicians.
Penske will introduce you to our vehicle maintenance processes, leading-edge technology, and winning company culture through ongoing training and mentoring to help cultivate the skills and expertise you need to succeed.
You will collaborate with a high-energy, driven team as you build a solid foundation in our vehicle maintenance operation. You’ll enjoy competitive starting salaries, flexible schedules, associate incentives and discount programs, and a great opportunity to learn and grow your career.
This position will be located at the Penske facility at 140 Messina Drive in Braintree, MA.
- Primary duties of this role consist of greeting our customers and providing a positive experience as you complete fueling and washing vehicles.
-You’ll complete vehicle readiness inspections to ensure tires, fluids, and other basic maintenance items are complete.
- You will help us ensure that our Penske facilities are maintained to ensure clean and safe environments for our customers and associates.
- After demonstrating proficiency in your role, you may have the opportunity to develop your skills through training and hands on mentoring to perform minor repairs such as, install mounted tires, replace or rotate tires and complete preventative maintenance repairs.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- The ability, interest, and willingness to work outdoors required
- A positive, customer service attitude and effective communication skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude preferred, demonstrated past problem solving, tool usage, and repair experience
- Basic computer skills required for data entry into Penske maintenance systems.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening to include criminal checks, past employment and education), the ability to pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and potential travel within a near geography for training are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.