Are you ready for the next step in your career? Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a Corporate Communications Vice President in San Francisco. The ideal candidate is someone ready to hit the ground running with confidence, exceptional communication skills, and a keen ability to listen and influence. The Communications team is a small, highly collaborative one that thrives on the ability to propose creative solutions and a willingness to challenge one another. The Corporate Communications Vice President will play a critical role in building, developing, and executing a solid communications strategy with a long-term view.
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural and chemical products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Work Where EveryONE Matters!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Vice President, Corporate Communications will develop and help execute strategic corporate communications in support of the company’s vision, strategy and operations through corporate executive communications, media relations and issues management. Responsible for crafting and executing messaging that is clear, compelling and impactful, the role requires strategic thinking, creative and savvy communications tactics and execution, outstanding writing and strong interpersonal skills to deliver on messaging our purpose, way and impact as an enterprise. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), this position will work very closely with the CEO, executive management and maintaining a dotted line relationship with divisional resources to create and oversee key messages internally and externally. The VP of Communications will drive a cohesive communications platform in support of the organization’s evolving strategic direction and culture. Also important to this role is the successful oversight of, partnership with and development of the Communications Director role.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Proven success leading a corporate communications function
- Ability to create and communicate a vision for the future and translate it into clear strategies and specific priorities
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaborative cross-departmental relationships
- Impeccable writing skills
- Strategic, business savvy and ability to see the world through the lens of multiple stakeholders
- General awareness of business trends and media industry trends
- Ability to create effective partnerships and inspire creative thinking at all levels of the organization
- Current and relevant depth in digital, social and content-driven communications
- Experience presenting to executive leaders, board members, media, and a variety of internal and external audiences.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to lead, influence and build relationships across functions at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and a continuous improvement attitude
- Ability to drive open and clear communication that adheres to values and purpose
- Strong ability to be creative and enthusiastic
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple demands, think strategically and solve problems
- Ability to switch from strategic analysis and direction to practical implementation and be able to lead both directly and indirectly through influence
- Highly professional demeanor and strong diplomatic skills
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Serving as communications advisor to the CEO and senior leadership and member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) with responsibilities to craft and execute internal and external communications that express the company’s vision, brand and purpose
- With a high level of gravitas, developing relationships and in-depth understanding across Wilbur-Ellis businesses and with key stakeholders to effectively create and execute key messaging aligned with organizational strategic objectives and operational performance
- Leading our holistic communication strategy, inclusive of both internal communication (culture, values, employee brand, etc.) as well as our approach to external communication and branding
- Overseeing and supporting the Communications Director’s responsibility for corporate communication assets, corporate publications, internal programs, social media, people initiatives, employee resource groups, and diversity and inclusion efforts
- Building and executing communications strategies and engagement appropriate to the communication style, tone and voice of the senior executives and other key stakeholders
- Determining the appropriate need for and managing external support resources
- Leveraging data-informed insights to build strategies
- Communicating regularly on media and issues updates to senior management
- Ensuring all social channels align with overall communications strategy
- Translating market forces into thought leadership ideas and themes and executing through communications channels
- Serving as a brand ambassador, ensuring proper brand management and use of corporate identity guidelines
If you are a current Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your manager prior to applying. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.