Vice President, Compensation & HRIS
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2018 revenues of $7.53 Billion, and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions.
Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians.
Approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 4 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for the second consecutive year in 2018
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Reporting to the Senior Vice President & CHRO, the Vice President, Compensation & HRIS will be responsible for the global compensation function including overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the compensation programs that support the company's 46,000 employees. S/he will drive the development and implementation of strategies and will partner with the senior management and compensation teams to build an understanding of world class practices. S/he will also be responsible for building the HR Information Technology Strategy and Roadmap. This role will be based in Secaucus, NJ.
1. Provide leadership and direction related to all global and executive compensation programs, including base pay, incentive programs, reward and recognition, retention, stock and stock option programs of the company that support talent acquisition and retention strategies.
2. Deliver excellence related to overall compensation strategy and program design, and ensures alignment with Quest Diagnostics' strategic goals and objectives.
3. Serve as the principal interface between the Human Resources Senior Management team and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors on strategic and executive pay issues.
4. Partners with key members of the senior management team to prepare agendas, analysis and compensation-related materials for the Board of Directors.
5. Develop communication materials, tools and presentations for executives, business partners, senior management and the Board of Directors.
6. Partners with the Vice President, Medical Affairs and Population Health and others to successfully develop, brand and communicate effective total rewards strategies for the attraction and retention of key talent.
7. Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revisions as well as new plans which are cost effective and consistent with trends in Executive Compensation, Sales and Incentive Compensation and all areas of exempt and non-exempt compensation as well within corporate objectives, coordinates implementation and provides guidance to corporate staff.
8. Lead the launch and implementation of Oracle HCM, migrating from PeopleSoft.
9. Coordinate the corporate compensation department in the analysis and implementation of all employee equity and long-term incentive plans policies and procedures.
10. Assures thorough audits, reports and personal contact that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
11. Subject Matter Expert regarding federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance.
12. Drive performance management programs and all human resources metrics.
13. Lead change management with specific focus on transparency of reward to performance at all levels.
• 15+ years of progressive experience in compensation consulting and/or in managing the compensation function in a complex and highly global matrixed organization.
• Mastery of the field's concepts, practices and procedures including long-term incentives, stock option plans and deferred compensation, sales and sales incentive plans etc.
• Understanding of SEC, SOX, and tax requirements as well as all other government regulations that apply to compensation base and incentive compensation.
• Leading executive and global compensation programs for multiple business units, compensation planning methodologies, and survey/analysis/data collection.
• Conducting formal presentations to senior management and managing/influencing overall business objectives.
• Experience with driving company-wide HR Systems implementation and change management
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting questdiagnostics.com/careers, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates to be interviewed.
Senior Executive Search Consultant
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.