The Vice President of Finance reports to the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer (CFO/COO) of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System. The position provides leadership and direction for financial services in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System. The Vice President is responsible for promoting the CHRISTUS Health mission, values, and philosophy and for operational effectiveness of finance. The Vice President has operational responsibility for finance services for acute care entities and, where appropriate, free standing facilities and legal entities that comprise the region. The Vice President is also charged with the responsibility for collaborating with other regional leaders in conjunction with the CFO/COO to ensure operating units are equipped with appropriate financial reporting and support. This position oversees the development of action plans, directly reviews quantifications and reporting. Once the overall strategies and volumes have been developed, this position has primary responsibility for development of multiple, annual, detailed budgets to support the overall strategies.
The Vice President is among key contributors to the CFO/COO for the planning process and acts as a cooperative leader with other leaders to ensure that the financial operations of the region are carried out as necessary to support the financial success, care delivery quality, service excellence, regulatory compliance, and community value of the region. This position participates both in ministry and corporate meetings representing the CFO/COO, if needed.
Additional Mission Critical Oversight:
This position has primary responsibility for Labor Management to include target and grid development, alignment between facilities and other CHRISTUS entities, education and coaching for senior leader teams and hospitals' middle management, biweekly report generation and biweekly senior leader review on report results.
This position has primary responsibility for SEGA reporting accuracy and working with system office to insure accuracy of data generated, tracking and reporting of initiatives and other preparation for monthly and quarterly reviews (SOPRs).
This position co-leads all ministry Performance Improvement initiatives and directly manages the quantifications and reporting of results.
- Advanced degree in accounting or related field. CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated hands-on leadership and operational responsibility in a large/complex healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with other key leaders. Understanding of regional operating unit leadership issues, concerns, and challenges.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and customer satisfaction and the ability to maintain high Associate engagement and satisfaction.
- Ability to successfully apply new learning to achieve expected outcomes
- Demonstrated excellence in negotiation, facilitation, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial operations and ability to meet/exceed expectations on an ongoing basis.
- A minimum of 5 years recent, senior financial leadership in a multiple-facility setting. The ideal candidate must demonstrate multi-year leadership responsibility and delivery of successful metrics in a growing, complex and successful venture.
- Prefer C.P.A.