With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
• Responsible for development of global market access, pricing, and health economics/outcomes research strategies for the CSL portfolio
• Leads development of key market access strategies in alignment with global business objectives
• Ensures ongoing assessment and adaption of strategies to maintain market access and an optimal portfolio
• Collaborates with regional business heads, regional market access heads, and global healthcare policy management to ensure alignment of global strategies
This position is responsible for the development of global market access strategies, global evidence plans and generation including health economics and outcomes research and global pricing strategies for the entire CSL Behring portfolio, both in-line and pipeline. These key strategies are developed in alignment with global business objectives during development, launch and life cycle management of the portfolio. This position ensures ongoing assessment and adaption of strategies to maintain an optimal portfolio and market access and works collaboratively with the Therapeutic Area (TA) Commercial Co-leads as well as the regional heads of NA/EU/APAC/ICO and with Global Healthcare Policy & External Affairs to ensure smooth cooperation between HQ and our regional colleagues.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Develops global market access strategies and ongoing assessment and adaption of strategies from product development through launch and life cycle management including pricing, reimbursement, value proposition and messaging, evidence generation and payer strategies. Monitors trends and developments in order to proactively identify needs and actions to support the value proposition of our portfolio across a multitude of payer environments.
2. Ensures integration of market access and payer perspectives into product development plans at all stages of development in close collaboration with R&D and in accordance with the Stage Gate system.
3. Provide overall product value demonstration strategies and evidence generation including maximization of health economics, HTA and quality of life outcomes and development of global value dossiers.
4. Develops global pricing strategies and ongoing assessment and adaptation of strategies to ensure an optimal balance of revenue, volume, margin and access across the portfolio and geographies.
5. Provides global oversight and support for the affiliates in fulfilling their market access ambitions, achieving optimal pricing and revenue for CSL Behring products, and maintaining reimbursement and access in the context of the evolving Market Access landscape and increasing access restrictions by payers.
6. Partners with regional heads and GMs to ensure smooth transition and implementation of global strategies to regions and countries.
7. Partner with Corporate Strategy & BD for pricing and market access assessments and diligence of potential new M&A and licensing targets.
8. Has responsibility for oversight and effective management of all team members (i.e. direct reports) to include but not limited to the following:
- Annual objective setting
- Mid-year and end of year reviews
- Coaching and counseling as appropriate
- Employee development
- Recruitment, selection and development of talent
- Managing, directing & measuring work on an ongoing basis. Provides timely & constructive feedback to ensure quality of work meets or exceeds company standards
- Assuring work is completed in a customer focused manner
• Masters degree in business, health policy, health economics, life sciences or healthcare discipline; MBA preferred
• 15 years' pharmaceutical industry experience including leadership roles in market access
• Experience leading and managing teams in a global environment
• Prior experience with channel partners such as specialty pharmacies, GPOs, integrated health systems and payers
• Knowledge of relevant legal, compliance and regulatory requirements
• Understanding of global market access environment
- Good understanding of all associated relevant legal, compliance and regulatory requirements
- Prior experience and success in strategy roles (including complex, multi-year initiatives), operations roles and customer-facing roles preferred
- Experience in high value products and orphan drugs required; immunology, and/or hematology disease experience strongly preferred
- Good understanding of US and EU market access environment and decision makers; product launch experience in market access preferred
- Strong collaboration skills capable of influencing internal and other decision-makers
- Strong communication skills capable of engaging senior executives and other audiences
- Strong leadership, people management, influencing and motivating skills and the ability to manage complexity where both strategic and tactical skills are required
- Strong thought leadership and strategic thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to identify business issues/opportunities