At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Strategy is responsible for leadership, direction and expertise in the development of business strategy, strategic management disciplines and business analytics that support the company’s mission, vision and valuation objectives, in close collaboration with business leaders. Strategy & Business Development is responsible for developing and supporting the realization of strategic plans and management agendas including organic and inorganic growth initiatives.
The Vice President, Strategy & Business Development for Specialty Solutions will report into the Senior Vice President, Strategy & Business Development for the Pharmaceutical Segment. S/he will be responsible for identifying and leading strategic projects that will drive growth for the company, bringing to bear both thought leadership and project leadership to create momentum and enable action.
- Develop the Specialty Solutions business unit strategy relative to both existing and future offerings, while anticipating the evolution of the industry landscape
- Determine strategic direction by identifying gaps in the existing portfolio as well as determining capabilities to scale which could be increased
- Lead or assist with the creation of all phases of a business case (e.g., market analysis, value proposition, strategic fit, economic models and launch) to support a new initiative
- Proactively prospect for, develop and maintain a pipeline of strategic opportunities
- Lead business unit merger and acquisition processes from the business unit perspective, in conjunction with Corporate Development. Lead organic growth initiatives, as appropriate, to enhance the overall offering. Remain involved in acquisitions post-integration with a vested interest in ensuring the acquisition becomes sustainable post integration
- Serve as a member of the Specialty Solutions leadership team and collaborate with them in the development of strategic direction and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Master’s degree in business or related area strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in strategy and/or healthcare roles
- Strong understanding of strategic thinking, business acumen and analytical methods
- Demonstrated familiarity and understanding of the strategic landscape and competitive environment for specialty pharmaceuticals and related healthcare services
- Mergers and acquisitions and/or partnership development experience preferred
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop actionable, high-value strategies
- Collaborator to leverage resources and capabilities across teams
- Influential leader and trusted advisor with the highest integrity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to alter for varying audiences
- Innovative coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong financial acumen and business savvy
- Individually motivated
About Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 40,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500. For more information, follow @CardinalHealth on Twitter, connect on
Founded by Robert D. Walter in 1971, the then-named Cardinal Foods was a prominent regional food distributor. In 1979, following the purchase of an Ohio based pharmaceutical distribution company, Cardinal Foods changed its name to Cardinal Distribution.
In 1983, Cardinal Distribution went public and, over the next decade, expanded its fast-growing pharmaceutical distribution business with the acquisition of more than a dozen U.S. drug distributors. By 1987, a year before selling its food distribution segment, Cardinal Distribution’s pharmaceutical distribution business had become nearly twice the size of its food distribution business. Over the next few years, Cardinal Distribution grew rapidly, and revenues exceeded $1 billion in 1991. By 1994, Cardinal Distribution established itself as a leader in the drug distribution business and subsequently changed its name to Cardinal Health.
Since 1994, Cardinal Health continues to diversify its portfolio of products and services through key acquisitions. Some include ParMed in 2006, Healthcare Solutions Holding and Kinray in 2010, Cordis in 2015 and Medtronic’s patient product portfolio in 2017. In addition, Cardinal Health formed a joint venture in 2014 with CVS to form Red Oak Sourcing, now the largest generic drug sourcing operation in the United States.
- we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards
- we embrace differences to drive the best outcomes
- we develop new ways of thinking, operating and serving customers
- we bring passion, determination and grit to deliver on our commitments
- we serve the greater goal of healthcare
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.