Vice President & General Manager, Cardiovascular
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2018 revenues of $7.53 Billion, and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions.
Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians.
Approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 4 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a Diversity Inc Noteworthy Company for the second consecutive year in 2018
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
As part of the General Diagnostics organization and leadership team, the VP/GM will set the vision and strategy for growth of the Cardio business for the short, medium, and long term. Priorities include to execute and deliver on the revenue and organizational commitments through a small focused team and by influencing and collaborating across the enterprise to create and deliver value for our customers through market creation, expansion, and overall portfolio lifecycle management.
- Establish vision and profitable growth strategy for the Cardio franchise and be in effect the ‘CEO’, to include both organic and acquired growth in the short term (1 year),medium term (3 – 5 years), and long term (5 – 10 years)
- Lead and guide the organization to ensure appropriate accountability for key performance objectives, with a particular focus on maximizing profitable revenue growth
- Evaluate the healthcare landscape and spend for Cardio to identify needs and opportunities to address them.
- Understand the competitive landscape to anticipate where the market segments and technology trends are heading and develop the business line strategy to ensure we have winning solutions in the marketplace
- Achieve planned financial and operational targets – top line revenue through bottom line margin, etc.
- Represent the franchise in initiatives such as One Brave idea
- Drive opportunity assessment, business case development, and successful launch new solutions based on customer needs and focusing on greatest impact opportunities, driving cross-functional effort across Value Creation and Value Delivery partners. Assure the development of an effective new solution pipeline and development platform, based on life cycle team proposals and prioritization within strong overall portfolio management
- Establish strategic pricing approach and ensure viability of access and coverage in the marketplace
- Partner with Health Plan and Billing teams to ensure appropriate reimbursement for overall portfolio
- Effectively build and manage a broad coalition of external partners to increase thought leadership and influence to accelerate speed of market adoption
- Partner with Regional Leadership to develop local growth strategies including the development of annual revenue targets and identification of market needs and competitive threats
- Develop and drive strategic direction in partnership with the Cardio Sales organization including assessing resources required and compensation to drive appropriate behavior
- Leverage Marketing to drive promotional strategies and tactics, based on customer and regional insights, that meet external needs and deliver on revenue targets
- Develop and partner with Operations the customer service requirements for overall product portfolio
- Drive profitable growth, including in partnership across functions and with Procurement,
• Lead, coach and develop a team of professionals, holding everyone accountable for high performance and ensuring that the franchise has a pipeline of future talent
• Business plan
• Revenue, Volume, Price, Margin, Cost, Outside Spend, Net Profit
• Growth rate (YoY & CAGR), Market Share, Account Penetration, Attrition, Revenue, Volume, Intervention ROI
• Brand awareness, brand equity, Attitudes, Trial, Usage, Customer Satisfaction, & Loyalty
• Target Product Profile, customer retention rate, attrition rate
• Disease state strategy, continuum of care positions/gaps,
• Sales force effectiveness, targeting/reach/frequency, call ratio vs plan
• CQQT (Cost, Quantity, Quality, Time)
• Employee Engagement
• BA / BS undergraduate degree required. Major in sciences and MBA preferred or candidates with MD/PhD
• Minimum of 5 years previous General Management experience
• Demonstrated strategic thinker
• Clear understanding of market development and bringing new solutions to market (demonstrated track record)
• Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment – deep influence, collaboration and strong leadership skills (EQ/communications skills, contracting skills)
• Talent development and performance management– willing to delegate, hold team accountable and build an empowered, high-performing organization
• Demonstrated ability to drive value through external facing management of potential partners and stakeholders
• Understanding of the healthcare delivery system
• Ability to commercialize science in the lab testing segment of healthcare
• Understanding of the scientific foundation underlying the IDI portfolio
• Experience in evaluating and integrating M&A activity
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting questdiagnostics.com/careers, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates to be interviewed.
Senior Executive Search Consultant
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.