FOX Sports Arizona is seeking a
VP/General Sales Manager! The VP/General Sales Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans for the sale of advertising time on FOX Sports Arizona Regional Sports Network. You will be developing budgets and forecasting reports, managing inventory, and tracking projections for the networks.
- Working with executive and sales management teams to develop and implement sales strategy
- Managing the sales staff to ensure prospecting, sales techniques and strategies are being effectively implemented to maximize financial success
- Actively selling and participating in the sales process with staff members and national rep firm
- Developing budgets, providing timely and accurate forecast reports
- Managing inventory to realize maximum financial opportunity
- Participating in the development of and gains in-depth knowledge of network programming initiatives to help identify new revenue opportunities
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of 6-8 years of advertising sales experience and management experience required
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills required
- Strong knowledge of program ratings methodology is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook required
- Ability to build and maintain effective business relationships, inter-personal charisma and approachability (with clientele and staff) is essential
- Commitment to be actively involved in client entertainment, business and related community events/activities
- Effective organizational and project management skills required
- Action oriented; can give direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; ability to stay cool under pressure; able to make decisions in a timely manner (sometimes without complete information and under tight deadlines)
- Ability to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow
- Ability to establish clear performance goals, as well as measure and manage results
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.