KOMO News in Seattle, Washington has a temporary Video News Editor position available:
Job responsibilities include:
- Editing video for daily news and sports coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
- Taking in news feeds from field crews, news bureaus and various news organizations
- Collaborating with anchors, reporters, and producers on video elements of newscasts
- Meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy working environment
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and days as assigned
Job qualifications include:
- College degree OR minimum 1 year relative experience in the field
- Working knowledge of Avid Media Composer
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Sapphire software, and Vantage Telestream experience preferred
- Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.