This key position is responsible for creating high-quality video and audio assets that advance the marketing communication strategies and ultimately the brand, outreach mission, and educational goals of the American Public Education, Inc. Under the creative direction of the senior manager of video production and developement, the video specialist produces video and audio for a wide variety of projects, ranging from conferences captured with a single camera to more complex projects including promotional videos, commercials, corporate communications, and major events. The incumbent is expected to meet a high level of creative and production standards.
More specifically the video specialist aids in:
- Video and audio production: conceptualize the scope, develop scripts, post-production, motion graphic design, editing and distribution.
- Assists in podcast/webcast services and recordings.
- Assists in scripting and storyboard concepts to create a concise, compelling message that aligns with the university’s mission and brand.
- Helps coordinate logistics for photo and video shoots; including location, set up, and technical considerations.
- Works with interviewers and interviewees (videos, podcasts, and webcasts), including students, faculty, and staff, to maintain and advance brand and reputation.
- Identifies creative ways to leverage video content in marketing campaigns and support materials throughout the organization (i.e., intranet, social media, facebook, youtube, webpages, etc.)
- Supports partner relationships to ensure timely and professional completion of marketing video and audio projects, including coordination of broadcast trafficking both internal and external partners (advertisement agencies, TV/radio stations/networks, and audio and video vendors).
- Composes quality metadata to gain SEO benefits for marketing videos.
- Performs video quality control work on projects created by out of house vendors and make proactive recommendations for enhancing content, quality, and distribution.
- Helps support growth initiatives for the university.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
- Travel to on-location productions, as required. The average travel requirement is 25%.
- Working knowledge of the latest tools and technology related to video production and editing, as well as the ability to stay informed of technologies and how peers are using video effectively.
- Demonstrated proficiency in post production editing for both audio and video using software i.s Adobe Premier Pro, AVID, Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Soundbooth, etc.
- Ability to manage complex projects to specific budgets and timelines.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Solid project management, including developing, executing, and tracking video projects.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within teams.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of video formats, compression, and general content management.
- Experience with video production and broadcast workflow.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or better in Film and Video Production or related field is preferred.
- Photography experience is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in video editing and production (preferably in the higher education marketing industry) is preferred.