At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! Are you passionate about teaching others and helping people turn their lives around? CoreCivic is seeking an experienced Vocational Instructor who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Vocational Instructor performs instructional services of vocational and/or occupational subjects, such as business, computers/technology, carpentry, plumbing and trades which are designed to help inmates/students learn specified subject matter and acquire vocational skills.
- Prepare course objectives following curriculum standards and applicable requirements by contract.
- Plan and document a program of study that meets the individual needs and abilities of students.
- Provide instruction using handouts, texts, audiovisual aids and other materials. Evaluate students' performance and issue progress reports as required. Assist students with additional instruction as needed.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Six years of verified full-time, wage-earning experience in the subject vocational trade; or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university and two years of verified full-time, wage-earning experience in the subject vocational trade is required.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a current Florida Department of Education Professional Educator's Certificate. Non-certified applicants must possess or be eligible to obtain a Florida Temporary Educator's Certificate within twelve (12) months of hire date.
- Must obtain a Florida Department of Education Professional Educator's Certificate within thirty-six (36) months of hire date or prior to the expiration of the Temporary certificate.
- Experience in correctional custody/law enforcement preferred.
- Continued employment in this position will be contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required agency credentials.
- Must have the ability to give clear instructions in the trade and/or vocational area.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran.