Westfield is a great place to work for many reasons. You could be one of them.
Westfield Services Inc. is a specialty insurance agency and services firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. We are wholly owned by Westfield Group in Westfield Center, Ohio, although we operate independently of our parent company.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective. Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer's future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
WSI Sales and Service Specialist Job Summary - BASED IN COLUMBUS, OH
Salary Range: $48,826 - $56,149 - $63,473
The WSI Sales and Service Specialist is responsible for sales and service of books of business in the transfer process to Westfield and other inbound and outbound sales activities. This includes inbound and outbound customer calls relating to transfer books of business and sales calls. These calls and work could include in-bound referrals, warm sales leads and supporting internal team and partner agencies on transfer books. This position also includes customer service duties including answering customer inquiries, communicating with underwriting, troubleshooting problems, and offering additional coverages.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Responsible for sales and service of books of business in the transfer process.
2. Performs sales including customer interview(s), quoting, quote presentation(s), and closing.
3. Works with incoming warm leads from agency partners and handles outbound contacts when applicable.
4. Proactively works through and helps solve client issues by working with both the agency and underwriting in order to ensure a smooth transition from the prior carrier to Westfield.
5. Handles a variety of incoming customer calls and emails including the following:
• Answering inquiries from customers including coverage questions, policy changes, quotes, billing issues, and other issues.
• Taking incoming claims calls and handling appropriately based on type of claim.
• Handling certificate requests including related coverage updates, special language requests and underwriting issues.
6. Coordinates sales processes with referring agency.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Two (2) or more years of business, sales and/or insurance experience.
2. Valid Property-Casualty agent license required within 90 days of employment.
3. Experience in a fast-paced, high call/email volume environment with the ability to multi-task.
4. Strong data entry/typing skills.
5. Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Understanding of general business flows, procedures and systems.
7. Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and other standard office automation software packages.
8. Ability to handle confidential information.
9. Knowledge and/or experience with sales and/or sales processes.
10. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
11. High school graduate, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield Services and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldservices.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.