Qualified candidates in Miami hired by the company are eligible for a $2,000 signing bonus. *Terms Apply.
We are a Stewart & Stevenson company. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for preparing parts, supplies and other materials for distribution and for receiving and
processing shipments to the warehouse. Ensure warehouse is stocked with appropriate items and track
incoming and outgoing items and shipments.
- Fill requisitions, work orders or requests for parts or other materials to distribute or ship items to
external customers and/or internal employees and technicians accurately and in a timely manner.
- Read work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or
distributed. May place parts or materials in appropriate location in warehouse based on inventory
- Organize and store items by identifying information, such as part numbers, size or type to maintain traceability, according to established procedures.
- Ensure warehouse is stocked with appropriate parts and equipment.
- Inspect items received for damage and correct quantity. Prepare and report discrepancies or damage to parts or materials received.
- Prepare, package, document and ship parts and materials to external customers and/or internal employees and technicians accurately and in a timely manner.
- Verify outgoing shipments are properly packaged, identified and labeled, and accurately filled by comparing shipment items and quantities against fill requisitions, work orders or requests.
- Schedule material pickups with various transportation companies (UPS, Federal Express, etc.)
- Verify accuracy of incoming shipments by comparing items and quantities unloaded against shipping documents.
- Work with the Quality Control Department to expedite receipt and stocking of parts and materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
- Complete and maintain all necessary paperwork and reporting forms such as shipping requisitions, export forms, internal work orders. Track incoming and outgoing parts and materials.
- May log received and shipped items in computer tracking system.
- Order and organize warehouse shipping and packaging supplies.
- Operate material handling equipment such as forklifts, and pallet handlers to move materials from one location to another.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or one to two years related experience.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) preferred.
- Prior experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Ability to learn and remember part numbers is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.