Cardinal Health Warehouse Associate II, Operations
Position: Distribution Worker, Warehouse Associate II, Operations
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Reports to: Inbound & Outbound Distribution Supervisor
Hours: This position is scheduled 1pm to 930pm Monday thru Friday and 10am to 630pm on Sundays. Your day offs will be determined on what is open on the schedule, so it may include working Sunday.
- Position Summary: A responsible position involving the picking of orders, the receiving, packing, stocking of items of supply merchandise and the physical and administrative tasks in connection with these and related activities. Position involves the expenditure of physical labor not exceeding 50 lbs., the operation of various types of motor-driven forklifts and the use of simple mechanical devices, such as carts, dollies and utility knives, without limitation, most of the day. The position also requires some skills being utilized on a PC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving. Unload truck and trailer loads of incoming merchandise using forklift, pallet jack and simple mechanical devices as appropriate and as directed. Move pallets, boxes and other shipping containers to the designated area for stock. Comply with all written and verbal direction to include policies and procedures associated with this and related tasks.
- Stocking. Open pallets of merchandise and store the boxes of merchandise in the designated location in the warehouse. Comply with all written and verbal direction to include policies and procedures associated with this and related tasks.
- Picking of orders. Identify items of merchandise, determine the area within the warehouse the items are stored, retrieve the items from the storage location, and arrange the items comprising the entire order, as directed. Merchandise will be stored at heights ranging from 2 to 50 feet off the floor. Use the forklift and simple mechanical devices to move the merchandise as directed. Complete all administrative tasks associated with the picking process. Comply with all written and verbal direction to include policies and procedures associated with this and related tasks.
- Packing. Package the orders of merchandise collected from the picking process into approved shipping containers. Move the shipping containers to the designated area and stack the containers as directed. Continuous use of a PC, extended standing and some lifting required to perform this function. Comply with all written and verbal direction to include policies and procedures associated with this and related tasks.
- Miscellaneous. Perform all such other tasks related to the activities described immediately above in paragraphs 1 through 4 as directed and to include, without limitation, such tasks as cleaning up, preventive maintenance on building, equipment and vehicles, completing reports, forms and tickets. Perform all tasks assigned, such as, but not limited to, environmental coordinator and safety coordinator, and follow all
- Corporate and division policies and procedures in the assigned tasks. Employee must support and follow all Corporate and Facility Quality and Regulatory Affairs (QRA) procedures. Employee must also support and participate in mandatory Corporate and
- Facility Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Rules, Policies and Programs such as adopting the EHS Policy statement and pre-shift stretching exercises.
- Education. Sufficiently capable of reading and writing the English language to enable the employee to identify, verify and coordinate the collection, shipping, packing or stocking of orders and to recognize, understand and comply with written safety warnings, instructions and direction.
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED) required.
- Experience. Twelve months warehouse handling experience preferred.
- Skills: Knowledge of proper body mechanics to include, without limitation, routine posture, proper lifting techniques and the demonstrated application of those techniques.
- Ability to safely operate and control a motor-driven forklift in a standing position throughout the working day or assigned shift.
- Licenses. Ability to perform and qualify for Cardinal Health Material Handling Equipment licenses.
- Lifting. Ability to repetitively lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs. and to otherwise and, less frequently, lift and carry objects up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to lift from the floor to a height of 61 inches from the floor. (The range of objects will consist of small boxes that are several inches in height, width, and depth, to pallets or boxes with dimensions of 40x23x39 inches.)
- Hearing and Vision. Hearing and sight to adequately enable the employee to realize that equipment is operating and other routine activities that require precautionary behavior are occurring in the area. Hearing and sight to adequately enable the employee to effectively respond to alarms and warnings issued by sound, printed matter and gesture.
- Stand or walk on concrete surfaces for eight or more hours, or throughout the workday or shift.
- Balance and coordination sufficient to safely negotiate stepping and climbing from the deck of the forklift to shelving and vice-versa.
- Push and pull objects by generating a force of 60 foot-pounds.
- Freely twist, bend, kneel, and stoop repetitively throughout the working day for the purposes of reaching objects stored in various locations in assigned work area.
- Being able to perform above stated positions at a productivity standard rate, which is established by the facility management team.
- Work overtime when business needs warrant.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.