Department: Warehouse, overseeing a team of 10 employees in Lake Forest,CA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive a strong working relationship and effective communication between US Warehouse and Sales & Marketing teams
- Devise and lead an effective Warehousing strategy reporting to the Global Warehouse & Logistics Manager in the development of best practice for Warehouse operations.
- Lead, manage and mentor Warehouse Team Leads and Operatives in effectively achieving their KPI criteria for the business.
- Oversee and Implement along with your team all Warehouse strategies from the Senior Management team and your personal KPI's.
- Report directly to the Global Warehouse & Logistics Manager by keeping him fully appraised of all aspects of your role highlighting potential issues/ impacts that could affect the growth or operational effectiveness of the business.
- Continuously develop and oversee an effective Warehouse Management Process - as well as review & document warehouse inbound & outbound processes, make recommendations for increased efficiencies and measures for productivity and capacity.
- Drive and develop Warehouse efficiencies and bring suggestions to reduce dispatch timeframes and ensure a quicker order turnaround time
- Audit and oversee all warehouse operational expenditure.
- Drive development and continuous improvement of ERP system representing a good understanding of requirements.
- Develop best practice for health and safety in all aspects of warehouse operations in conjunction with Warehouse team leaders while also complying with OSHA laws and regulations.
- Effectively oversee safety logs for warehouse equipment and industrial vehicles.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales Managers to support cross functional departments that support all future initiatives.
- Ensure all sales orders are dispatched within the given ship window with consistency.
- Receive shipments that arrive via ocean container, air and road freight within 24 hours.
- Continually evaluate the handling of goods and shipments to customers to ensure orders are being transported in the most efficient way.
- Hiring, coaching and training warehouse personnel in accordance with policy.
- Ensure warehouse personnel maintain professional behaviour and positive attitude towards customers, vendors and other employees.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Warehouse Management
- Ability to provide outstanding Management practice
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work in a multi-tasking deadline driven environment
- Must have good problem solving and follow-up skills
- Must be able to perform accurate work and attention to detail is a must
- Must be a self-starter, result driven and be able to work independently
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and report generation.
- Must have ability to prioritize, delegate follow-up on all client-related issues
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.