Force and Motion Control – Industrial, seeks a talented self-driven and high energy individual to serve as a Warehouse Manager for the Romeoville, IL location. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate who will contribute as a member of the Operations team, managing day to day distribution operations for the Romeoville location. This role includes overseeing receiving, picking and packing, quality, and shipping warehouse personnel. The position will lead the warehouse team to meet performance goals by focusing on operational flexibility, continuous improvement, and driving a culture of accountability. If you have a safety-first and a continuous mindset and demonstrated problem solving skills, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
- Manage and direct a team of warehouse associates and quality personnel
- Manage the facility with a results’ driven framework focused on safety, productivity, quality, and continuous improvement to meet customer demand and division goals.
- Responsible for facilities compliance to health, safety, and environmental regulation or Barnes Group guidance
- Models and drives Barnes Enterprise Systems (BES) transformation efforts through continuous improvement activities
- Provides leadership and employee development through the effective selection of talent, performance management, training/development, coaching/mentoring and motivation of employees in alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for coordination of inventory controls with purchasing and physical inventory with accounting.
- Other projects/responsibilities as assigned by leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive warehouse and/or assembly experience with a minimum of three years of supervisory/management experience.
- Knowledge and experience working in a ISO environment .
- Extensive knowledge and experience with continuous improvement and lean manufacturing.
- Experience with 6S, Standard Work and Built In Quality.
- Knowledge and/or experience with OSHA preferred.
- Experience in distribution preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Supply Chain, or Engineering, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)