Smithfield Foods is a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer. In the United States, the company is also the leader in numerous packaged meats categories with popular brands including Smithfield, Eckrich ®, Nathan's Famous ®, Farmland ®, Armour ®, Farmer John ®, Kretschmar ®, John Morrell ®, Cook's ®, Gwaltney ®, Carando ®, Margherita ®, Curly's ®, Healthy Ones ®, Morliny ®, Krakus ® and Berlinki ®. Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental and food safety and quality programs.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for managing receiving, intercompany transfers, picking/packing and order shipments. Communicates with other supervisors, superintendent and hourly employees on operational issues. Makes decisions regarding placement of employees to meet production goals and coordinates and oversees production within department. Maintains employee relations and welfare, utilizes plant safety and ergonomic procedures and follows quality standards. Maintains compliance with all governmental regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures. Supervises hourly employees to meet or exceed production standards. Follows Quality Assurance procedures according to written specifications achieving acceptable quality and food safety standards. Ensures Hygiene and GMP programs are properly followed by employees. Responsible for good housekeeping and sanitation practices. Assigns work and issues disciplinary actions to hourly employees. Reviews production reports for accuracy.Core Responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years experience in the Warehouse Industry or related experience and/or training; required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years supervisory experience, preferred.
- Good Oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards, USDA, HACCP and EPA Regulations.
- Manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures.
- Knowledge of SAP, Manufacturing software, Inventory software, Internet, Spreadsheet, Word and Order processing.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Ability to motivate, train and coach employees to encourage optimum performance and engagement.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Bilingual a plus.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
- May be requried to travel up to 5% of the time.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Warehouse.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits