Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will be in charge of ensuring that warehousing operations are executed in a safe, timely and efficient manner. This is a key position in the Electrification Installation Products team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, is responsible for supervising an assigned functional area within the operation that is associated to receiving, order fulfillment, or shipping activities. This position provides direct daily work guidance to Team Leaders and hourly associates and is required to function as the area continuous improvement (lean) champion.
- Lead problem solving and continuous improvement project utilizing lean tools and methodologies
- Through the utilization of assigned team leaders, complete all daily activities (work load) and execute according to schedule and defined procedures
- Assure assigned area meets/exceed all metrics and when goals are not met, take immediate corrective action to drive improvement
- Train/coach Team Leaders so they understand and can execute all assigned duties
- Conduct timely and fair performance appraisals for hourly associates
- Provide associates with coaching/counseling as needed and ongoing developmental opportunities
- Conduct daily shift handoff meetings to assure continuity of operations
- Assure all health, safety, environmental and housekeeping rules/guidelines are followed
- Actively participate in facility-wide improvement projects
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Bachelor of Arts – Business with minimum 3 years distribution or manufacturing supervision experience.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma problem solving tools
- Ability to develop personnel and processes to support present and future operations.
- Ability to motivate others towards a common set of objectives.
- Must be analytical and well organized.
- Must have strong working knowledge of MARC and other WMS operating systems as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Blue Yonder / JDA Warehouse Management Experience preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.