Job Overview: Work directly with the warehouse manager and other departments to maintain appropriate inventory levels. Assure that all supplies are properly labeled and stored in accordance with cGMP guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
* Receives inbound shipments of product in a timely manner.
* Counts and verifies actual quantities of materials received on inbound shipments to confirm item numbers, total receipts, units of measure against bills of lading, packing list or other records.
* Carefully examines incoming shipments for damaged items, shortages or overages and corresponds with the department manager on any problems encountered.
* Moves materials from receiving area to appropriate storage areas and coordinates material storage.
* Processes returns for incorrect or damaged shipments and resolves any discrepancies in inventory records.
* Log new inventory.
* Ensures that receiving functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
* Process and sample raw materials, reagents and solvents for QC testing.
* Correctly and completely fills out analytical report forms for QC.
* Ability to use analytical balance.
* Ability to input computer data, type and print labels.
* Dispense raw material to the Production Department in a timely and effective manner.
* Maintain purchase order files, certificate of analysis files and other inventory control documents.
* Works with Team Leaders to verify lot numbers, packing lists and certificates of analysis and certificates of origin as needed.
* Completes daily drum inventories and bi-weekly reagent and solvent inventories correctly and efficiently.
* Participates in yearly raw material and finished product inventory counts.
* Assists in shipping of finished products to customers.
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task within all aspects of the inventory control
* A minimum of an Associate Degree in Applied Science (Chemistry/Biology) or related field is required.
* 1 - 2 years related job experience.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Must be organized and detail oriented.
* Working knowledge of the metric system with basic conversion knowledge.
* Must be self-motivated, ability to initiate and follow through on assignments and able to work with different departments.
* Basic to intermediate computer skills (MS Office). Must be able to navigate and maneuver in a character based, menu driven, computer language and Windows environment.
* Must be able to lift and/or move up to 70 lbs; occasional standing and bending.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.