Location : Statesville
Responsible for adjudication of Company product warranty claims in North America, including processing of warranty claims based on product and policy knowledge, product-specific system maintenance, communication of policy changes, warranty process and procedure improvements,
dealer audits and warranty reporting as assigned.
Warranty Claims Management
- Review dealer-submitted warranty claims for adherence to policy and fair reimbursement.
- Ensure accurate information and coding on claims for issue detection and supplier recovery.
Warranty System Maintenance
- Suggest and implement opportunities to improve warranty system to increase internal operating efficiencies or increase ease of dealer claim input and/or quality of information.
- Create and maintain product-specific warranty job codes and associated standard service times / parts limits.
Reporting and Communication
- Create and maintain essential warranty reporting as required by the business. This includes monthly reporting maintenance and execution, design of new reports as required, and custom reporting support for project teams as needed.
- Communication of report data to stakeholders.
- Communication and training on policy and procedure changes to dealers and internal staff.
Warranty Policy and Process Improvement
- Suggest and implement opportunities to improve policy or process to increase internal operating efficiencies, improve validity and recovery of claim expenses, or increase ease of dealer claim input and/or quality of information.
- Comprehensive product knowledge.
- Technical / troubleshooting experience with hydraulic and electrical systems on compact or heavy construction equipment or similar products.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to handle crucial conversations.
- Effective cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Strong process orientation to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Successful time management and priority focus skills.
- MS Office Suite competency.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s or Technical Degree in Business Administration
- Experience Required: 2>5 years
- Travel Required: <10%
The world-renowned brands that make up Doosan Bobcat produce industry-leading compact and heavy construction equipment, attachments, air compressors, lighting systems, generators and articulated dump trucks. Doosan Bobcat is a part of the Doosan Group, which employs 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide. With people at the core of who we are, we believe the growth of our people will lead to the continued growth and success of our world-class company. Our team of dedicated employees is the backbone that allows us to provide construction equipment solutions that help our customers build the world of tomorrow. Wherever you find us, you’ll hear the sounds of progress, see the results of our people and feel the rhythm of transformation in everything we do.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
We recently learned that unauthorized individuals and/or groups are communicating false offers of employment with Bobcat Co. (“Bobcat”) via email. The communications include the Bobcat logo and may appear legitimate. However, they are fraudulent and are not sent from anyone affiliated with Bobcat.
Please note that Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, and Doosan Portable Power DO NOT charge a fee, request payment, or request personal banking information at any point in the recruitment process. We DO NOT send unsolicited emails requesting personal data from potential employees. If you receive a job offer that appears fraudulent, please notify our talent acquisition team and consider contacting your local law enforcement office.
Any legitimate job offer from Bobcat, Doosan Bobcat North America, or Doosan Portable Power will be preceded by an official selection process.