This position is responsible for tending the pumps and other equipment used to decontaminate waste water (sewage). Operator is responsible for collecting samples; reading charts and flow meters and gauges to determine equipment malfunctions and performing minor repairs on equipment.Core Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Class I Wastewater License (or able to acquire within 3 years of employment); and Class I Water License (or able to acquire within 2 years of employment).
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
- Knowledge Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Must be able to travel occasionally with possible extended overnight stays.
- Must be available for night and weekend on-call status.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk; use hands to handle, or feel, and talk or hear; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include include outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits