At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Water/Wastewater Treatment Specialist who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Water/Wastewater Treatment Specialist assists in the operation of the facility's water and wastewater systems. They perform daily inspections, reads gauges, understands proper sample and laboratory procedures and related equipment. Also this person will install, maintain and repair the Water/Wastewater facility’s building structures and systems, including pumps, motors, electrical equipment, vehicles and grounds.
- Work interchangeably in both the water and wastewater systems. Follow standardized procedures for operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance, repair of utility systems, and sampling of water and wastewater.
- Follow safety policies, regulations, standards and practices, including work zone safety, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, lockout-tag out, and hazard communication, as mandated by OSHA and federal, state or local agencies.
- Takes appropriate action in cases of serious and unusual incidents and emergencies.
- Respond to emergencies, such as water breaks or system outages on an on-call basis.
- Inspect and listen to machines and equipment to diagnose malfunctions. Dismantle defective machines and equipment, installs new or repaired parts and tests operation following repair.
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, such as wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) Operator certified, Grade One in wastewater treatment, wastewater collections, water treatment or water distribution is required.
- Advancement to Grade Two license issued by State of Arizona, within twelve months of employment is required.
- Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of safe work methods and technical aptitude for understanding and following all safety and sanitary rules and regulations necessary to protect health and welfare of others, and for proposing changes to improve operating policies.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran.