Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
KMTR has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Weekend News Anchor / Reporter. In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. It is important to have strong writing skills and to have knowledge of current events. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
Skills and Experience:
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sharp news judgment
- Excellent technical skills
- The ability to work well independently
- Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
- Ability to maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
- Ability to produce content for multimedia platforms including live newscasts, station’s website, mobile site, social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, breaking news texts and other emerging media.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous anchoring experience is required
- Must have at least 2 years of on-air experience
- Live shot experience is required; experience with LiveU is a plus
- Experience with iNEWS preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!