Duties for this role include:
- Assist and backup primary shipping coordinator on a daily basis.
- Adhere to State of California weighmaster regulations.
- Accurate processing of purchase orders/shipping manifests/invoices for daily shipments. Attention to detail and food safety regulations.
- Assist in maintaining grower logs/shipments and files during harvest season.
- Filing various documents for shipping and accounts receivable.
- Use of various office equipment including postage machine, printing machine, and multi function copier/facsimile.
- Answering a multi-line phone system, taking messages and transferring calls.
- Greet vendors, employees and trucking drivers.
- Extend invoices and confirm accuracy on invoices and coding.
- Matching accounts payable checks to invoices.
- Creating letters for vendors with payment abnormalities.
- Making credit cards payments to our vendors over the phone.
- Matching invoices to credit organization's billing (VISA and American Express)
- Assist with calling vendors on statements and reconcile Accounts Payable vendor statements.
- Organize and file Vehicle and DMV Insurances.
- Process and distribute mail to various departments within the company
- Assist with labels and package delivery
- Distribute and/or mail checks with approval from accounts payable and general manager
- Filing various documents for Accounts Payable
- 10 key by touch
- Prior experience in shipping.
- Proficient level Excel, Word and accounting software.
- Quick Learner and must be able to take notes during training and be able to rely on those notes when necessary.
Monday - Friday 7:00am to 4:30pm
- Some overtime during season.
Please send your resume to Stephanie Randolph at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], or call 559-256-1940 for details.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.