Weld together metal components of products as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, work orders, weld procedures or oral instructions, using electric arc-welding equipment or spot welder.
Role & Responsibility
- Sets up electrode wire per procedure to prepare welding equipment for operation.
- Positions and clamps work pieces together or assemble them in a jig or fixture.
- Strikes arc and manually guides electrode or gun along weld line to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece using power equipment as needed.
- Runs spot welder as needed insuring proper tips are used.
- Insure spot welder tacks are secure and uniform without dimpling opposite surface.
- Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Use side grinder to clean up all grinding splatter and insuring quality surfaces near weld zone.
- Keeps work area clean, orderly and maintain 5S schedule.
- Required to fill out daily production sheets.
- Required to accurately scan and record information in the Oracle inventory system.
- Required to correctly identify and label parts for their specific area with correct quantity and location.
- Perform quality checks as required.
- Assists in the instruction and training of others as requested by supervisor.
- Completes preventative maintenance and other duties as directed by Total Production Maintenance.
- Perform other non-essential duties as assigned by management.
- Education Required: High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly.
- Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements.
- Must possess the ability to read build sheets and blueprints.
- Travel Required: < 10%
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Global Breadth: Single-Site (One Location)
- Prerequisite Training Course completed.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263.
APPLY TODAY at https://jobs.doosan.com