Objective: Welds and assembles .020 -.040 diameter probes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to weld all junction type probes both manually and automated under a vision system or microscope.
- Perform visual inspection of welds.
- Ability to assemble and weld fine gage assemblies.
- Performs routine maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Completes required paper work such as EI’s, sketches, time sheet and etc.
- Confers with Supervision, area leaders, maintenance or others to resolve welding or assembly issues.
- Maintains acceptable levels of production according to established standards.
- Practices good housekeeping and safety procedures and adheres to all company policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to interpret part numbers, sketches, and written / verbal instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to verify parts using quality measuring devices.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to perform basic welding tasks using a vision system or microscope (similar to soldering).
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and stand occasionally.
- Ability to use a microscope.
- Able to lean and reach.
- Able to operate assembly and or welding equipment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent
Basic assembly, testing and measuring skills
Prior assembly experience within a manufacturing environment
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings, blueprints, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with co-workers, supervision, and other employees within the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to read a ruler. Ability to apply basic mathematical formulas to convert fraction to decimal and vise versa. Calculator use is available. Need to have basic math skills as far as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Needs to interpret written and verbal instructions including the use of rulers and or micrometers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands include ability to frequently lift 10 lbs and occasionally be able to lift up to 20 lbs, standing for short periods of time, able to lean and have dexterity to handle tools and parts. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Position also requires occasionally stooping, kneeling. Need ability to hear and be aware of surrounding area. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification
Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information
Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free work environment
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures
Planning and Organizing – Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Attendance Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.