In this role, you will weld together metal components of products as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, work orders, weld procedures or oral instructions, using mig welding or robotic welding.
Role & Responsibility
- Assist in training new employees.
- Set up jigs, fixtures for welding according to print specifications.
- Check and maintain fixtures. Check tightness of clamps, eccentric pins, gauge blocks, etc. Keep fixtures cleaned and free of impediments (weld spatter, dirt, grime, grease/oils, etc.)
- Select proper parts to be loaded into a fixture and hand welded.
- Perform equipment adjustments, settings and part replacements to maintain performance and quality operation of the machine.
- Perform MIG wire feed welding tasks and robotic welding as assigned.
- Check work for quality, conformance to print specification and workmanship standards. Report any defects to supervisor.
- Cross train between operations.
- Move material utilizing handcarts.
- Maintain cleanliness of area.
- Assist other team members as required.
- Validate work is complete as stated in Standard work and /or work instructions.
- Participate in any 5S/Lean projects and team development activities. Assist in driving improvements by offering suggestions to eliminate waste from work areas.
- Follow all necessary Management System procedures and work instructions.
- Follow all environmental, health, and safety rules and procedures.
- Accountable for work flow.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Welding experience
- Solid Blue Print Reading Skills. (Ability to read and understand weld symbols).
- Pass in house certification test. First test taken within 3 months from hire, failure results may be taken after 30 days.
- Team Player, Solid Communication Skills, Good Work Ethic and Basic Computer Skills.
- Safety Conscious.
- Communication: proficient English both written and verbal.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds.
- Occasional push/pull up to 40 pounds of force.
- Constant standing and occasional walking.
- Frequent to constant bending at the waist and twisting.
- Occasional use of hoist.
- Prefer candidate pass our in-house fork lift test to operate fork lift and/or other moving equipment.
- Constant light grasping, occasional power grip.
- Frequent finger manipulation.
- Constant bilateral reaching at waist to chest level, occasional overhead reaching.
- Frequent wrist movement.
- Ability to pass respirator physical.
- Ability to tolerate welding environment-use of welding helmet, welding respirator, etc.
- Visual-perceptual abilities of attention to detail, shape size discrimination.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.