West Health Advocate is a leading provider of Advocacy and health benefits support. We are looking for an experienced Wellness Coach. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record with nutrition and health coaching, supported by strong communication skills, verbal and written. The core focus of this role is to utilize a collaborative process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to engage, educate and promote/influence members in decisions related to achieving and maintaining optimal health status to include:
- Weight Management
- Physical Activity
- Nutritional Education
- Tobacco cessation
- Stress Management
Fundamental Components for the role:
- Through the use of clinical tools and information/data review, uses evidence based theory and knowledge to conduct comprehensive evaluations of members’ health status and lifestyle risks
- Utilize assessment techniques to determine members’ level of health literacy, technology capabilities/access and readiness to change
- Assimilate health assessment data to establish a plan of care based on members’ health status/risks, education and support needs
- Coach via telephone and electronic communications
- Respond to calls regarding Health Advocates Corporate Wellness Program and Incentive program details
- Assist with insurance and benefit questions and other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in nutrition, kinesiology, exercise science, public health, or a related field required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in nutrition, kinesiology, exercise science, public health, or a related field is preferred
- Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Minimum of 1 year as a Wellness Coach is required
- Health and Wellness certifications
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Applicable health coaching, fitness, dietary, or other related certifications preferred
- A successful incumbent in the job will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities:
- Strong communication skills and phone etiquette
- Strong ability to explain complex issues to members in simple, understandable terms
- Highly effective listening skills
- Strong problems solving/issue resolution skills
- Excellent customer service and customer resolution skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
West is connecting people and ideas.
We are delivering on their potential.
We are improving the way we work and live.
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We connect. We deliver. We are West.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled