Position Summary :
Under the supervision of the supervisor or manager on duty. Zone Lead Agents are responsible for distributing work assignments to Wheelchair Agents, as well as assisting and transporting passengers that need special assistance to and from their assigned gate or destination in a friendly, courteous and timely manner.
- Assigns activities of wheelchair agents and ensures completion of tasks for safe, transportation of passengers.
- The Lead Agent position is a working, supervisory position and as such, Lead Agents perform wheelchair duties as follows:
- Assists and transports passengers requiring wheelchair assistance at the airport to/from gate.
- Carefully lifts special needs passengers up/down stairs of aircraft and in/out of wheelchairs in a safe manner.
- Reads appropriate paperwork to identify name, flight information, date and special service request details to ensure special needs passengers are taken to the correct destination.
- Assists special needs passengers in transporting and claiming personal belongings and baggage.
- Reads the airport monitors to check arriving and departing information and sets up gate for incoming passengers who need special assistance.
- Greets and escorts special needs passengers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Uses PAXTrack system to report pick up and drop off of special needs passengers.
- Communicates instructions and special services to gate agent or other personnel for passengers requiring special needs.
- Gathers wheelchairs in the concourse and returns them to the staging area for usage.
- May assist in arranging for ground transportation.
- All other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.