Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Winder B for its Tucson, Arizona location.
- Performs difficult operations such as rewinding, repairing, reassembling and testing large-sized DC armatures, AC stators and rotors, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned such as assisting on the larger or more complicated units.
- May dismantle and repair commutators and collector rings as well as to band rotating equipment.
- May direct others.
- May be required to work overtime, various shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Travel to job Sites.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of Five (5) Years experience winding AC and/or DC armatures from 5 HP to 1,000 HP +.
- Able to read and interpret winding connection drawings and Experience winding field coils.
- Good Mechanical skills a must.
- Able to travel and complete overnight stays.
- Desired: self-starter able to work with minimal direction, willingly accepts job challenges, has experience with Health and Safety programs.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.