As a member of the Diagnostic Imaging Team, assist in providing coordinated and compassionate care at every patient encounter in New Haven CT.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Perform specialized testing procedures appropriate to specialty in radiology.
- Set up, operate and maintain testing equipment.
- Process exams and duplicate films, both hard and soft (PACS) copies.
- Instruct and act as a source of information on testing techniques, procedures and equipment operation.
- Assist patients when necessary to dress/undress for exams, or in transfers to/from wheel chair, stretcher, exam tables, etc.
- Assist in radiology exams as directed by the radiologist.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Assist management in upgrading equipment.
- Assist in budget development.
- Act as liaison with repair personnel.
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies. Maintain disposal inventory per department protocol.
- Cover the clinical reception desk as needed.
- Perform additional functions related to clinical and clerical activities as needed.
Experience and Training:
- Six years of related work experience in a clinical setting such as a hospital or large medical practice, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Connecticut State Radiographer licensure.
- Certification as a Registered X-Ray Technician by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.