e-Mobility Local Operations Controller
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Serving as the key partner for the Business Unit Manager of the Electrification e-Mobility, you will be a vital member of its finance team in US. You will help to set business strategy in line with wider division and product group strategies.
Reporting to the Operations Manager Electrification e-Mobility, as a Local Operations Controller whose main focus will be delivering the BU goals and plans on operational performance by supporting the complete value chain optimization activities. Also, drive the business to improve performance in sustainable manner and bring transparency on plant performance.
We will consider remote candidates for this role; however, interested candidates will be required to relocate in the near future
- Strategy Planning and Implementation: Align the implementation of the Global BU strategies to Footprint optimization and Plant performance
- Costs Planning and Controlling: Challenge and drive the optimization of plant costs including variances and Capex. Translate strategy into business plans and establish measurable targets for footprint activities
- Oversee the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to Global BU. Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions. Improve standard costing in plants
- Financial Reporting: Establishes and oversees processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable costs and savings. Ensures high quality and compliance of financial data and business information in line with defined ABB standards. Enforcement of country and BU specific finance directives and instructions, enforcement of Group Accounting and Reporting Guidelines
- Internal Controls and Compliance: Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley [SOX], US GAAP and all ABB policies. Taking the lead in sustaining the alignment with Accounting Policy, Internal Controls and Assurance. Share functional best practices and lessons learned across the ABB organization. Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures
- Operational Excellence: Supports driving operational excellence across manufacturing site(s) through target setting and monitoring (benchmarking if applicable). Supports driving overall productivity, delivery performance and cost optimization all in cooperation with LBU management. Supports driving cross functional collaboration and process improvement
- OHS and Integrity: Supports ensuring a safe working environment, continuous HSE improvement processes and integrity performance. Personally, live the ABB values and Group standards
- People/Staffing leadership and Collaboration: This role requires collaboration and co-ordination with various stakeholders
- Risk management: Assesses business risk exposure related to market dynamics (Commodity inflation, Pricing) and defines risk mitigation strategies to reduce impact on business performance
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in business administration, finance, accounting, or supply chain management with 5 years of work experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated performance and results; in the areas of business, finance, operational controlling and/or accounting.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Finance role related preferably related to Plant / Operations
- Costing knowledge and understanding of plant accounting
- Business oriented mindset to support business development
- International exposure and cross-cultural communication skills coupled with change management expertise
- Strong Microsoft Office/computer skills and solid SAP knowledge/experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30% to sales office or other locations
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.