With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
We have an exciting opportunity for a mRNA Lead Finance Business Partner who will report to the Head of R&D and Medical Affairs Finance and will provide financial expertise to lead the financial requirements for planning, reporting and monitoring of the mRNA Program. The jobholder will work collaboratively with the newly created mRNA Program Lead and cross-functional senior leadership as a strategic thought leader. The role will provide accurate, insightful decision support analysis to support the Program strategy from development through to commercialization. This is a newly created role and offers an experienced individual a unique opportunity to support and influence the new mRNA Program while working with senior management across the entire organization.
Your main accountabilities will include, but not limited to:
mRNA Financial Performance
- Being a key member of the mRNA Leadership team providing financial leadership and recommendations for business strategy and investment decisions.
- Lead business partner responsible for providing financial and strategic expertise to the mRNA team.
- Lead and provide oversight of all financial requirements associated with the mRNA program from development to commercialization. Involves cross-functional collaboration with Finance Business Partners and FP&A
- Deliver the mRNA Program Office monthly reporting, quarterly forecast and Five-Year Plan
- Consolidate enterprise-wide mRNA performance reporting providing insights for strategic business decisions and analyse the mRNA business performance
- Challenge mRNA management team regarding the execution of the financial decision-making process
- Keep senior leadership informed of the program’s financial performance
- Support presentations to SQLT, GLG and senior management with business analysis and insight
- Design and implement a mRNA dashboard with relevant KPIs
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities critical to performance success
- Track mRNA resource and budget allocations provide input into sourcing options and resource optimization.
- Support the onboarding of new mRNA colleagues with training materials for a smooth transition regarding financial requirements
- Create and develop trusted partnerships across Seqirus and CSL to drive program understanding, value and alignment to the mRNA growth strategy
- Interact with key business partners in R&D, Medical Affairs, Operations, Quality, Commercial, Finance community and Enabling functions to ensure completeness and alignment
- Collaborate with the Finance teams supporting the key business partners to ensure alignment of business priorities, adherence to financial controls and governance and champion the business partnering mindset
- Work closely with Global Finance teams to drive cross-functional harmonization and improvement in management reporting, forecasting, and planning associated with the mRNA program
Global strategic projects
- Support Global Finance Strategic initiatives through input in strategic projects associated with the mRNA platform
- Provide input into enterprise-wide digital transformation initiatives
- Build business cases, models and rationale for new investment opportunities and capital requirements
Learning & Development
- Undertake training requirements, including tactical development activities.
- Participate in developing tools, techniques and best practice approaches to support the ongoing development of the Finance community
To be successful, the jobholder will have:
- A minimum of 10 years of multi-discipline finance experience as well as being a qualified finance professional/BS in a related field; MBA preferred.
- Global pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience which is a must with cross-functional finance business partnering experience supported by excellent analytical and financial modelling skills
- You will also have knowledge of all stages of a global pharma/biotech organization (R&D, Operations, Quality, Commercial and Enabling Functions)
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary/cross-cultural teams in an autonomous environment
- You will demonstrate big picture and critical thinking, flexible in approach to problem solving with the ability to push beyond the obvious to find innovative solutions
- With your excellent influencing and decision-making skills, you will challenge the status quo, in operations and finance process improvements with a mindset to streamline and automate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the agility to work with senior leadership teams is essential.
- Financial systems experience including MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) SAP BI is required