The webMethods Programmer Analyst is responsible to lead analytical efforts associated with multiple projects, which are based on
requirements given directly by customers or client groups. Incumbent gathers requirements and suggests enhancements
to existing systems, or proposes solutions to current client group needs. They design solutions, translate business
requirements into system requirements, distribute tasks to internal and external developers, either conduct or oversee the
system-level testing and documentation, and provide project management for one or more complex projects that have
organization-wide implications and impact.Such efforts often require cross-function involvement with other IT groups and
external software vendors.They have subject matter expert level skill in webmethods and/or java. Additionally this position
requires a well-qualified candidate to have excellent PL SQL programming skills preferably with Oracle. Additionally, a
proven track record in Java, .Net and SQL is a plus.
The webMethods Programmer Analyst is responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership.
They will lead regular meetings to ensure effectiveness of plan, cost implications and quality of solution. The webMethods
Developer role is heavily involved in technical resource management, where they schedule resources to work on projects,
assign tasks, and assess task quality. The webMethods Developeris held accountable to complete projects on time, and
ensure all tasks and projects are executed to department quality standards.
- Responsible for leading multiple large-scale projects with little supervision.
- Assigns onshore and offshore resources to projects. Expected to be able to mentor more junior associates.
- Regular interface with little to no direct supervision through meetings with internal and external customers.
- Work within the scope of project budget assigned by upper management
- Will work on 3-6 mid-scale projects concurrently, assigned from department and client group senior leadership.
- Responsible for technical project plans and system test plans
- Multi-dimensional projects will require inclusion of other IT departments and/or software vendors
- Work closely with process owner Sr. level management and project team during scope development and option analysis
- Translate business requirements into system requirements
- Manage the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
- Main point of contact for client group updates, issues, and questions.
- Execute technical solutions to department quality standards.
- Lead project scope development and options analysis and recommend technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- May be called on to consult for other projects
- Responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership.
- Lead regular meetings to ensure effectiveness of plan, cost implications and quality of solution.
- Complete and implement projects on time and ensure all tasks and projects are executed to department quality
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 10-15 years of experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- Expert level skill in .NET web design and development using MVC. (this is not required for this particular position)
-Excellent knowledge and programming skills in webmethods and/or java
- Knowledgeable in Oracle, XML/XSL, PL SQL
- Create and perform test scripts to ensure App’s are error free and look for application performance improvements.
- Full understanding system development lifecycle, methodologies and standards
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft office applications
- Experience in both single and multi-domain environments.
- Experience in the 3PL, LLP environment would be a plus.
- Full fluency and expert level knowledge in systems/languages applicable to the role.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain
information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South
America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading
companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation,
warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.